Well after I made my tiny hat I had a better look at it and realised it wasn’t as small as I thought. I was being a bit too cautious with it and it turns out it fits me!
After discovering this I was dying to make some matching mitts. I seem to be obsessed with mitts lately! I wanted to see if I could use one of my new looms and came across this amazing tutorial by mellismishmash. I immediately started working on it and was super happy with the result. Trouble was it was way too wide, so I gave it a go on a flower loom…trouble was the wool kept sliding off the tapered pegs…grrr…I really wanted to complete that tutorial and will in the future.
In case you try it, I did a couple of things to help myself out that may help you too. My loom doesn’t have any marks on it so I tied bits of string around it to mark off places where I had to switch between knit & purl. I also tied some wool around the “first” peg on my flower loom. Since I don’t have a row counter I used a measuring tape to keep track of things.
So since all of that failed me 🙂 I am now knitting a pair. I’m not the most skilled knitter so I’m quite enjoying it. The practice is great.
We move on the 13th and things are getting a little hectic around here! I leave for Canada a week after we move…so um ya…things are a bit nuts! Most of my crafty stuff is packed away. I’ve kept out some wool, knitting needles, & crochet hooks. Hopefully that will keep me going 🙂
(I doing this post on my ipad…hopefully it works out ok!)